David Scott Warner
David Warner is an attorney licensed in New York State who has been teaching law and organizational behavior at the undergraduate level since 2006. He lived in China for fifteen years, where he ran a successful Chinese theater group for a decade, won a reality television show, gave a TEDx talk and taught improvisation at the Shanghai Theater Academy, all in Chinese. He recently completed a Masters in East Asian Studies at the University of Pittsburgh focusing on Daoism as a conceptual framework for the metaverse, and is now pursuing a Ph.D. in Sociology. He also works closely with CityDAO, a decentralized autonomous organization that seeks to create a new web3 network state by fractionalizing land using NFTs.
Education & Training
- 2022 Interdisciplinary Masters in East Asian Studies, University of Pittsburgh
- 2002 Juris Doctor, University of Hawaii, William S. Richardson School of Law
- 2001 Program in EU Law, University of Aix-Marseille III, Aix-en-Provence, France
- 2000 Program in Chinese Law, China University of Political Science and Law, Beijing, China
- 1997 Bachelor of Arts with Honors, Haverford College, Haverford, Pennsylvania
David is interested in how web3 and the metaverse form the vanguard of a social movement that can disrupt traditional industries and help the disenfranchised to seek new forms of governance and intellectualism. He is also interested in how space, both in the universe and in the metaverse, can take on a cultural significance for consumption, proprioception and affect.