The University of Pittsburgh Department of Sociology believes that internships provide students with excellent opportunities to apply their sociological skills. Moreover, we feel that internships can be primary vehicles for the development of meaningful careers.
The Department of Sociology has an ever-growing list of internship sites, including:
- The American Civil Liberties Union
- The Pennsylvania Bureau of Consumer Protection
- The Allegheny County Coroner's Office
- The Make-A-Wish Foundation
- The Homeless Children's Initiative
There are also numerous local internship opportunities involving childhood counseling and education, hospitals and health care, psychological and substance-abuse counseling, criminal justice, business, law, and many others.